ASHRAE certification programs were founded to meet industry need as identified through market research and today provide value to many important stakeholders. Developed by subject matter experts, including those recruited from allied professional organizations, ASHRAE certification programs benchmark with the ANSI/ISO accreditation standards for personnel certification programs to help ensure quality. For the past 100+ years ASHRAE has worked hard to earn and maintain a worldwide reputation for being the leader in HVAC&R design. ASHRAE certification programs serve to reinforce that reputation.
The decision to pursue a certification is not one lightly made by busy professionals, but the benefits of getting certified are many. In a 2016 “Value of Certification” survey, this is what respondents had to say:
- I’m proud to hold my ASHRAE certification (94%),
- ASHRAE certification validates my level of specialized knowledge and ability (89%),
- ASHRAE Certification is a good barometer of how serious someone is about their career (83%)
- ASHRAE certification helps differentiate me from my peers (82%),
- Studying for the ASHRAE Certification Exam enhanced the breadth and depth of my knowledge and ability (77%),
- In my field, ASHRAE Certification has provided me with greater professional recognition (73%).
More information about ASHRAE Certification can be found in the ASHRAE Certification Brochure.