Scope of Position: This position provides engineering and design for residential light commercial HVAC systems. This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor.
Basic Function: The successful candidate for this position will be performing a variety of HVAC design related activities. This may include: HVAC load calculations, equipment selection, system design, preparation of drawings and calculations for submittal to state plan review agencies, review of systems, design and selections with customers and clients, or with other Auer Steel personnel.
- Prepare accurate HVAC system load calculations using Elite and/or Carrier E20-II.
- Preparation of plans and calculations that are to be submitted to the State of Wisconsin for HVAC plan review and approval.
- Interact with potential and current customers, Auer Steel employees, state of WI, and sales personnel to address design concerns.
- Promotes and maintains a flexible cooperative, positive, team oriented attitude with and between departments and end users.
- Ensures timely, accurate, proper records, files, data bases, ect. Are developed and maintained for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field preferred.
- Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude and mathematical abilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, organization, customer relations, problem solving and other follow through skills.
Proficient skill in operation of standard office equipment such as fax, multi-phone line equipment, PC and their related equipment, copy machine, calculator, printers, mail related equipment. Able to use basic PC related tools.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Auer Steel and Heating retains the right to add to or change any section of this description as necessary.
Auer Steel & Heating Supply, Co offers a competitive salary for all roles, based on experience. Full-time employees are also eligible for our rich benefits package, which can include medical insurance, FSA, PTO, 401K & more!
If interested, contact: